Takara Belmont (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Takara Belmont, Belmont House, One St Andrews Way, Bow, London E3 3PA.
- Visitors to our website
- Customers who purchase goods or services or create an account with us
- Our suppliers
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information relating to an individual who can be identified directly or indirectly, often by name, account number, location, an online identifier or other factors specific to their identity.
Personal information may include “special category data” relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health and criminal records and allegations.
We do not collect “special category data” about visitors to our website or our customers or suppliers.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.takarabelmont.eu (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering your details on our site/contact form, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Takara Belmont, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site.
- Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
Legal Basis for Processing
Some of the information we collect is provided by you voluntarily (and therefore with your permission), for example when you sign up to join a mailing list or submit a query.
If you purchase items from us, or if you supply products or services to us, most of the information we collect is necessary so that we can fulfil the contract between us.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed for the legitimate business purposes described above.
If you are a visitor to the website, we will retain your information for a limited period in order to respond to your query, provide you with the information you require or to send you updates on our products and services for as long as you indicate that you are happy for us to do so.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
Takara Belmont is committed to the security, confidentiality and integrity principle. We take commercially reasonable precautions to keep all information obtained from our online visitors secure against unauthorised access and use and we periodically review our security measures. We are committed to processing your data in a secure manner and have put in place specific technical and organisational measures to prevent the personal data we hold from being accidentally or deliberately compromised.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Takara Belmont, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. This includes our Parent Company in Japan.
- At times, Takara Belmont engages third party contractors, service providers, and other vendors to help us accomplish our business objectives. Takara Belmont only collects and uses personal data when there is a fair and legal basis for its collection and use, for instance, when the collection of personal data is necessary to enter into a contract, to meet our legitimate interests, to comply with legal obligations or when we have your authorisation.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Takara Belmont, at Belmont House, One St Andrews Way, Bow, London E3 3PA or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
PRIVACY RIGHTS UNDER EUROPEAN REGULATION:
Transparency and the right to information: we provide notice to our employees, customers, suppliers, vendors and others of how we use personal data in our day-to-day operations at the time of collecting personal data, or as soon thereafter as possible. We also publish this privacy notice for a greater transparency.
Right to access, rectification, restriction of processing, and erasure: we provide data subjects with access to their own personal data where required by applicable law. In addition, we will rectify their personal data when it is incorrect and inaccurate, and we will ensure the right to erasure and to restriction of processing when these rights are not compatible with local regulations.
Right to object and withdraw consent at any time: for all marketing materials, you can opt-out anytime, and free of charge. The right to object for other processing activities will be balanced in order to ensure that it is not incompatible with local regulations or the legitimate interests of Takara Belmont.
Right to data portability: based on your specific situation, we provide data subjects with the right to obtain and reuse your data across different services and includes transferring of your data to you, another controller or a trusted third party.